SERVICE PROVIDER SELECTION AND REVIEW
The partnership and selection of service providers with our business is important to us for many reasons, but principally, it is because our service providers are perceived by our clients as an extension of our services. We aim to partner with service providers who live up to our values and CIB brand promise in providing quality, service excellence and personalisation.
The selection and review process:
The selection, review and revision of Service Providers by CIB (Pty) Ltd is generally dictated by the needs of the business and the changes in our environment, which may entail consideration being given to one or more of the following factors:
- Our business strategy
- Business processes and the effectiveness thereof
- Geographical coverage and presence
- Customer requirements and service
- Service offering, capabilities and skills
- Supply, demand & costs (economic factors)
- Innovation and technological advancement
Once the need to review or revise a particular service has been identified, our Procurement Department will initiate a suitable procurement process with a view to ensure that the suitable service providers are identified to meet business’ needs and which can be onboarded as preferred service providers.
To be eligibly considered to become one of our service providers, you need to follow a process of application. It is important to note that participating in the application process does not, however, guarantee that you will become a preferred service provider. The application process is set out below:
- You can access our Supplier Information Form (SIF) which can be located here
- The SIF should be completed in full and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with all the mandatory documents set out in the SIF. If the fully completed SIF and all required supporting documents are not submitted at the same time, the application will not be considered. Generally, the minimum criteria required for consideration is requested in terms of the SIF, which includes, among other things:
- Black Economic empowerment
- Quality (references)
- Evidence of existing good business practices/governance in place
- IT Infrastructure and data protection
- Letters of good standing from suppliers
- Credit history
- Legislative compliance (such as the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013)
Once the SIF and supporting documents have been considered, we will get in touch with you to advise whether you are eligible for consideration based upon supplier specific criteria. Additional information (commodity specific) may be requested once the entry level criteria has been satisfied (this will be sent to the Service Provider individually once the aforementioned has been received and assessed).
The selection criteria is utilised and applied in terms of relevance to specific services and the supply of goods as outlined below would include:
- Economic factors – for example costs i.e. mutually beneficially pricing for both the Provider and CIB, discounts structures for volume based transactions etc.
- Availability of general and specialised services
- Good business governance practices in place and adherence to regulatory requirements (commodity specific)
- Industry experience and expertise
- Quality of service delivered
- Company infrastructure
- Health and safety
- Capacity or facilities and ability to adapt based on our requirements
If you have any queries about our process, please send us an email to email@example.com